Types of Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide to Us
Cadence collects Personal Information and Anonymous Information from you when you visit the Site. "Personal Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to: a first and last name; e-mail address; a home, postal or other physical address or other contact information; title, occupation, industry, place of employment, or personal interests; and other information necessary to provide a service that you requested. "Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information, as described below.
We collect Personal Information from you in the following instances:
- If you register for a seminar, webinar, or event, we will collect your contact information, your place of employment, and your job title.
- If you register for customer support via SourceLink, we will ask you to provide your contact information, login ID and password, customer support PIN, License server HostID or serial number, and your preferences for your "MySourceLink" page.
- If you register for the Cadence Learning Management System, you must provide your contact information, place of employment, job title, login ID, and password.
- To join Connections, you must provide your name, contact information, place of employment, and other information regarding your company.
- If you wish to use eDA-on-Tap, you must provide your user name and password.
- If you submit an employment application, we will ask you to provide your name, phone number, resume, and cover letter, and any information contained therein.
- If you would like to receive information from us (investor or otherwise), you must provide your name, contact information, and a description of your comment or question.
- If you e-mail us directly via an e-mail hyperlink to provide us feedback or to ask us a question regarding the Site or our business, we will collect any information contained in such e-mail.
- If you download software from the Site, we will collect your contact information, place of employment, job title, SourceLink ID, job function, and intended use of the software.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate the Site, certain information will be collected automatically. We collect your domain name in order to measure and track your use of the Site. This data helps us to improve the content of the Site and to customize the content or layout of the Site for you. We may also collect your e-mail address to the extent that it is automatically recognized by our servers.
Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you to fulfill your requests. For example, we may use your Personal Information to process an employment application, should you submit one to us. We may also use your Personal Information to send you information that you requested, or to confirm registrations, purchases, or service request submissions.
We may use your e-mail address to notify you of products or services that may interest you, such as to keep you informed about events or other items of interest, to notify you of recent updates to our Site, or to provide you with product news notification (such as patch releases). You may opt-out from receiving promotional or marketing e-mails by notifying us at the address specified at the bottom of any unwanted e-mail. These opt-out procedures may not be available for transactional or relationship messages, such as e-mails that are necessary to provide you with confirmation of a completed transaction (such as a purchase, service request, or change in your user profile), to provide you with warranty information regarding a particular product you purchased, provide notification of changes of terms of service, or to provide you with important information about the use of a product that you have purchased or software that you have downloaded.
We may use your mailing address or telephone number for a variety of Cadence-related reasons. We may send you periodic mailings or telephone you to inform you of new products, services, or events. If you do not wish to receive such calls, you may request to be removed from the call list at the time of the call.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to perform statistical analyses of users' aggregate behavior so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve site navigation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will generally not be shared, sold, traded, or rented to individuals or other entities (such as direct mail organizations). However, we may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties to charge your credit card or deliver specific services to you (such as support services or shipping). These third parties are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by Cadence.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Cadence; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Cadence or users of the Site.
Editing Your Personal Profile
We realize that your Personal Information, including your name, company, and e-mail address, is subject to change. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain its accuracy. In some cases, we provide a means to create an account or a profile of information. For example, to change your Personal Information in SourceLink, log in as usual and select the "Update Profile" link found on the top left side of MySourceLink. Information may be given directly to a Cadence Customer Support representative.
Security of Your Personal Information
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. We suggest that you change your passwords often, use passwords that include a combination of letters and numbers, and use a secure browser. Products and services are available which can help give you privacy protection while navigating the Internet. See www.privacyalliance.org/resources/
for an overview of many privacy-related tools. While we do not anticipate breaches in security, if one occurs, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the problem that led to the breach.
We do not structure our websites to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
For your information, Cadence is located at:
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
2655 Seely Avenue
San Jose, California 95134
Effective Date: September 23, 2005